#Data Applications Engineer – Global eCom Relocate to BANGKOK
Our client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. They adopt a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. They pride themselves in building real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Their systems scale across multiple data centres, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds. They also build machine learning jobs to do the heavy crunching.
This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and latest big data technology. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
Day to day:
- You’ll work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
* Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
* Debug and fix production problems
* Collaborate with other team
* Research new technologies and share across organisations
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferred at a tech company
* Experience with at least following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. We code primarily in Scala.
* Experience building API products (knows protocols/formats/best practices)
* Experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience building large-scale API products
* Experience working with big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop)
* Passionate about functional programming
A few of the technologies used:
Scala, Spark, Akka, Spray, Python, Hadoop, Yarn, MLlib,ElasticSearch, Logstash, Vertica, Grafana.
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
from Lavoro in Germania ift.tt/2iWwIG0