#Engineering Team Lead (m/f)
As part of our team in Munich, you and your teammates are responsible for the XING Events Market (ift.tt/1yOmJkg), the best way to find business events in the DACH region. Within this excellent Scrum team, you will play an active part in shaping our product.
A challenging task:
- Lead and grow a cross-functional development team currently consisting of six developers, two agile testers,
- Be a humble leader and coach, strengthening the team’s capability to organize and solve problems on their own
- Cover as much as possible of the team’s technology stack yourself. The web application and backend behind xing.com/events are being built upon Ruby on Rails, AMQP, MySQL, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch. Newer parts of the frontend are built in React, with most parts still using the proven Rails/jQuery combo. The team is also responsible for the Events parts of the XING iOS and Android native apps, each featuring more than 4 mio. downloads
- The team is a Scrum team, so the team lead position is about people management and development, and not about managing tasks
- Manage your team members as you support them to reach mastery in their skills and give them clear messages about their purpose and team identity
- Being a Senior developer yourself, you contribute to our products, and help the team shape a consistent and stable technical architecture
A convincing background:
- Extensive experience in designing and building software.
- Demonstrated experience, at least 2 years, in building web applications that serve the user and scale as well.
- Sound understanding of algorithms, data structures and general software development patterns, especially OOP.
- Experience in implementing and consuming REST APIs.
- Having worked with Ruby on Rails before is nice, but it is not mandatory. What is mandatory is a willingness to learn new stuff when necessary. Recently for us this was e.g. GraphQL, Docker, Mobile App test automation, and React.
- Good understanding of database technologies.
- You share our attitude towards software development as a craft, constantly expanding your personal toolbox, and are willing to take responsibility
- Be able and willing to coach other developers and be fluent in English.
- Having worked in a SCRUM team before is a plus, as is active participation in some technology community such as an open source project, or a meetup.
An inspiring environment:
XING Events offers a dynamic environment located in the center of Munich with an excellent rooftop terrace. As well as flexible working hours that support your work-life balance, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We do regular team and offsite events, and we send you to conferences, such as the Full-stack Fest in Barcelona. Furthermore, you have the option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week. Of course, we also provide free drinks and fruit as well as restaurant vouchers. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro.
Who we are:
XING Events is a XING SE subsidiary that currently employs over 75 people and offers professional event organizers an award-winning software for online ticketing and event marketing. We are an innovative, modern and enthusiastic company and our main goal is to create memorable events in cooperation with our customers. Always keeping our vision “For people moments that matters” in mind.
Sounds brilliant and we have awakened your interest? Then, we would be delighted to receive an informative application (including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and links to portfolio and/or other references).
from Lavoro in Germania ift.tt/2B3xl7y