#Proofreader/translator (German to English)
WIENERS+WIENERS GmbH is an internationally active company that has been providing translation and proofreading services in more than 70 languages to clients in the fields of advertising, business and technology for over 25 years.
For our fantastic team in Ahrensburg (near Hamburg), we are currently seeking a Proofreader/translator (German to English).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Proofread texts from a variety of subject fields with respect to spelling, punctuation,
grammar, formal consistency and sound English
• Check translations from German to English both with and without the support of CAT tools
• Translate short texts and collaborate with your colleagues on special projects
• Maintain translation memories and terminology in accordance with client wishes
• Perform quality assurance tasks and provide feedback to freelancers
• Use your diplomacy and flair to explain the linguistic nuances of English to our customers
WHAT YOU OFFER:
You will be a great fit for our team as a native speaker of English (preferably American English) who is fluent in German. In terms of qualification, you should have an advanced degree in German, German studies or translation studies or a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of relevant experience. In addition to some prior experience in translation and/or proofreading, you pair an excellent command of the English language and impeccable knowledge ofgrammar and style with a keen eye for detail to work to tight deadlines with skill and savvy.
At WIENERS+WIENERS, you will work on exciting projects for national and international
customers from various industries and texts from a wide array of interesting fields. This
position presents an opportunity to hone your skills in translating and proofreading with
a long-term focus on professional growth and further training. In addition to a competitive
salary, we offer you the chance to work with a unique international team in a pleasant Working environment.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your current CV and cover letter,
including your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation, to our human resources
manager Ulrike Janus at […].
PS Should this position not be the one for you, thank you for taking the time to look through our advert all the
same. If you know someone who you think would make a great addition to our team, then please pass this on!
from Lavoro in Germania ift.tt/2BZtXfb